We've been working hard behind the scenes at Greene King to make sure that when we reopen our pubs, we make them as safe as possible, whilst also following the latest government guidelines.
That’s why we’ve developed 5 key promises to you, our loyal customers, as well as our dedicated teams, to keep everybody safe. We also have some small but important requests for our customers which will help us look after everyone in our pubs.
We’re all in this together, after all. It’s all part of our new PUB SAFE scheme, which we’ve launched in all of our pubs and are displaying proudly, so that wherever you see the logo, you know we’re doing everything we can to protect both you and our teams.
These promises and requests mean you can enjoy some well-earned time in our pubs, whilst still being safe.
Watch our Pub Safe video tour
find out more about our
PUB SAFE PROMISES
We’re ensuring safe socialising in all our pubs by…
- Following the latest social distancing government guidelines
- Marking them out to help customers and our teams use them
- Allowing you to book a table before you visit, so you know you have a safe space to enjoy it
- Laying out tables to ensure safe spacing
- Managing and monitoring queues to make them as smooth and easy as possible
- Signposting our toilets, meticulously cleaning them and following social distancing measures
We’re asking you to…
- Follow these social distancing measures so everyone can enjoy their time with us.
We’ve introduced new Pub Safe Monitors in every pub who…
- Check everyone is safe
- Wear a unique uniform so you can easily find them
- Are responsible for additional cleaning and making sure tables are cleared properly
You can help us by…
- Letting the PUB SAFE monitor know if you have any concerns or questions during your visit
So they can look after you, we’re taking good care of our teams by…
- Training them by following the latest government guidelines for safe working
- Giving them everything they need to work safely, including training on social distancing and hand hygiene
- Temperature checking them at the start of every shift
- Carrying out full risk assessments on our pubs, including deliveries to protect both our teams and suppliers
You can do your part by…
- Respecting our teams and any requests they have, to keep everyone safe
We’re promoting good hand hygiene by…
- Having hand sanitisers at entrances and throughout our pubs
- Regularly checking and sanitising handwashing facilities in toilets
- Making sure there is hand sanitiser available where tills are accepting cash
We’re asking you to…
- Please maintain your own personal hand hygiene to protect everyone
We’re minimising contact in our pubs by…
- Asking customers to use our Order & Pay app and contactless payment methods
- Using screens around our tills to protect both you and our teams
- Delivering food & drink to your table in the safest way possible
- Using disposable menus, so they can be recycled after your visit or taken home to use for your next takeaway order
- Displaying all allergen information online for our food, so you can check it from your own device
Please help us by…
- Using the technology we have available to minimise contact with our teams wherever possible
We’re thrilled to be reopening our pubs again and welcoming customers back through the doors as there’s nothing quite like the atmosphere of the great British pub – full of laughter, smiles and friendships. Keeping everyone safe in our pubs is really important to us, which is why we launched PubSafe scheme, our five promises to our team and our customers. It’s also why we are pleased to support HM Government’s #Enjoy Summer Safely campaign. Let’s enjoy the pub, safely.
For more info, visit gov.uk/enjoy-summer-safely