Join us for our delicious
Boxing Day Menu
Come along and celebrate Boxing Day at Elmwood Farm. A deposit of £5 per adult and £3 per child is required to confirm your booking, and this will be deducted from your final bill.
MAPLE FLAVOURED ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP (V)
Carrots, parsnips and onions caramelised in a sweet maple flavoured syrup, seasoned with festive spices. Served with white bread
Vegan option available (VE)
CHICKEN WINGS & DUCK CRACKERS
Crispy duck wrapped in filo pastry and crispy chicken wings, served with sweet chilli sauce and dressed mixed leaves
CHICKEN LIVER & HERB PÂTÉ
A chicken liver pâté with cream and herbs. Served with dressed mixed leaves, caramelised red onion chutney and toast
STILTON® & PEPPERCORN MUSHROOMS (V)
Sautéed mushrooms on garlic bread, topped with peppercorn sauce and crumbled Stilton®
SMOKED SALMON & PRAWNS†
Served on a bed of dressed mixed leaves with seafood sauce and brown bread
A selection of 14-hour slow-cooked meats served with all the trimmings from our carvery deck.
Vegetarian option available (V)
Beetroot, Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash Tart
GO LARGE FOR £2
Add 2 pigs-in-blankets for £1
Add a giant Yorkshire pudding for £1 (V)
Beef burger topped with smoked streaky bacon, cranberry sauce and Brie, in a bun with burger sauce and lettuce. Served with fries and BBQ sauce
SALMON WITH HOLLANDAISE†*
Served with your selection of potatoes and vegetables from our carvery deck and smoky Hollandaise sauce in a jug
Tender turkey layered on top of cranberry sauce and a cranberry, chestnut and pork stuffing with gravy. Encased in shortcrust pastry with a puff pastry Christmas tree lid, served with your selection of potatoes and vegetables from our carvery deck
BEETROOT, SWEET POTATO & BUTTERNUT SQUASH TART (VE)
A vegan tart of winter vegetables and spinach with delicate flavours of fennel, spices and rosemary. Served with baby potatoes, Brussels sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, peas and Napolitana sauce in a jug
Mains served from our kitchen. Your food may not arrive at your table at the same time
CHRISTMAS PUDDING* (V)
Served with brandy sauce
BILLIONAIRE BAR (V)
A chocolate cookie base, topped with a layer of salted caramel and chocolate ganache, smothered in rich chocolate sauce and chocolate chips with a golden dusting, served with vanilla flavour ice cream
Vegan option available (VE)
CHEESE & BISCUITS (V)
A selection of Stilton®, Brie and Cheddar, served with celery, grapes, caramelised red onion chutney and a selection of biscuits
Our cakes are lovingly crafted in-pub by our talented Farmhouse Cake-a-tiers. Available to eat in or Cakeaway! Eating in? Served with your choice of cream or vanilla flavour ice cream
CRUNCHY VEGGIE STICKS (VE)
Cucumber and carrot with a tomato dip
GARLIC BREAD SLICES (V)
A selection of 14-hour slow-cooked meats served with all the trimmings from our carvery deck
TOMATO PASTA (V)
Pasta tubes in a tomato sauce served with garlic bread
Vegan option available (VE)
GOOEY CHOCOLATE BROWNIE (V)
Warm chocolate brownie with a scoop of vanilla flavour ice cream and chocolate flavour sauce
ICE CREAM (V)
Two scoops of vanilla flavour ice cream topped with strawberry flavour sauce
Vegan option available (VE)
1. (V) = Vegetarian. (VE) =Vegan. (N) = Nuts. †Fish, Poultry and Shellfish dishes may contain bones or shells. *All stated weights are approximate and uncooked. wContains alcohol. Some dishes may contain alcohol which may not be indicated on the menu. Our onion rings are made from chopped and reformed onions. °Scampi may contain one or more wholetails.
2. Please advise the team on any dietary requirements when ordering. Please be aware that we do not operate in an allergen free environment. All our dishes are prepared in kitchens where nuts and gluten are present as well as other allergens; therefore we cannot guarantee that any food item is completely free from traces of allergens, due to the risk of unexpected cross contamination. Photography is for illustration purposes only. Sometimes there’s not enough room on our menus to list all ingredients so please have a chat with us if you have any questions or concerns.
3. We’d love to organise your Christmas Celebrations. You can book online, pop in or give us a call if you’d like to make a provisional reservation.
4. Please confirm your menu choices by 11th November 2019 if ordering Festive Fayre Menu, Turkey & Tinsel Menu, New Year’s Eve Menu or Buffet Package. If booking after this date your menu choices will be required within 48 hours of booking. No booking is confirmed until a deposit is received. £5 per adult deposit or £3 per child deposit (up to the age of 12) if you are ordering from the Festive Fayre Menu, Turkey & Tinsel Menu and Buffet Package (Available between 13th November 2019 and 1st January 2020, excluding 25th December 2019) and the New Year’s Eve menu.
4a. Please check with us if we are doing an exclusive Christmas Day Menu (available on 25th December 2019 only) as we will require a £10 per person deposit. If we are doing an exclusive Boxing Day Menu (available on 26th December 2019 only), we will require a £5 per adult deposit or £3 per child deposit (up to the age of 12). No booking is confirmed until a full deposit is received. Full payment and your menu choices will be required by 18th November 2019 for Christmas Day and Boxing Day bookings. If booking after this date, full payment and your menu choices will be required within 48 hours of booking.
4b. Please confirm your pre-order drinks packages by 13th November 2019 if ordering from the Festive Fayre Menu, Turkey & Tinsel Menu, New Year’s Eve Menu or Buffet Package and 18th November for Christmas Day Menu and Boxing Day Menu. If booking after these dates your pre-book drinks choices will be required within 48 hours of booking. All items are subject to availability. We reserve the right to alter or amend the offer at any time.
5. Please remember to bring your receipt with you on the day – makes life a lot easier!
6. Sorry, deposits are non-refundable.
7. We’ll always do our best to provide your choices but apologise in advance if we can’t. 8. If your friends cancel on you please tell us ASAP as any meals taken on the day may be charged unless 48 hours’ notice is given. Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Ltd, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton on Trent, DE14 3JZ. Stilton® and Croxton Manor® are registered trademarks. All cash and credit/debit card tips are paid in full to our team members.
*Christmas early booking incentive 2019 terms and conditions: To be eligible to receive a gift, you must make an online booking on one of our Festive menus for a minimum party of four guests. The online booking must be made and a deposit paid in full by 31st October 2019. £10 gifts are valid from 2nd January to 31st May 2020 - excluding Valentine’s Day 14th February 2020, Mother’s Day 22nd March 2020, Easter weekend 10th to 13th April 2020 and May Bank Holiday’s 4th & 25th May 2020. Only one gift will be accepted per transaction. No cash alternative. The gift may only be used in a single transaction and no change will be given. At least £5 of the total gift value must be spent on food, including at least one main meal, which can include breakfast and sharers. Gifts cannot be used against the balance of the Festive booking. Gifts cannot be used against the purchase of gift cards. The gift cannot be used in conjunction with other discount vouchers or Greene King employee vouchers including friend & family vouchers – but can be used against promotion (e.g. daily deals or set menus). Greene King reserves the right to withdraw or amend the offer at any time. Gifts are not available to Greene King employees or those under 18 years old. Gifts will be delivered electronically by email on 2nd January 2020 (if you have provided a valid email address as part of your online booking and have opted-in to receive our marketing communications). Gifts are redeemable at participating Farmhouse Inns pubs. To redeem, please present your unique gift code within the email you receive at the till. Enjoy responsibly. Proof of identity may be requested. Age restrictions apply to certain products, serving times and locations. If you are under 18, please check with your pub in advance. Cash value of this gift £0.00000001. This gift is not transferable. Online booking subject to availability. Offer subject to availability. We reserve the right to cancel, amend or withdraw this offer at any time. Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton-Upon-Trent, Staffordshire.