The Farmhouse Inns Wine Tasting Event
12 guests were invited to come along to Burton on Trent on January 11th for an informal tasting of all of our Farmhouse Inns wines. We had groups of 4 guests review white, red, rosé and sparkling wines. The objective was to get ratings and recommendations for each of the wines, and to help you choose the best compliment for your meal. Here are the results…
Farmhouse White Wine selection
Farmhouse Red Wine selection
Facts About Farmhouse Inns Wines
- One grape vine produces approximately 10 bottles of wine!
- The amount of still wine sold in Farmhouse Inns in the last year equates to around 280 tonnes of grapes.
- All the wine, champagne and Prosecco sold in Farmhouse Inns in the last year could fill 3,486 bath tubs!
- It takes roughly 2.5lb of grapes to produce one bottle of wine.
- There are 10,000 varieties of wine grapes exist worldwide.
- If you lined up all the empty wine and sparkling wine bottles sold in Farmhouse over the last year they would stretch to around 50 miles.
Match Wines With These Meats
- BEEF – Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon or Chateauneuf du Pape.
- TURKEY– Campo Viejo Rioja or Casillero Del Diablo Chardonnay.
- PORK – Calvet Cote du Rhone or Domaine Drouhin Chablis.
- GAMMON – Yellow Tail Shiraz or Kumi Chenin Blanc.