With 63 per cent of British parents admitting they reach breaking point over the summer holidays as extreme boredom sets in, these tips for survival may just help:
- Encourage the kids to help with the planning. You can then try to incorporate some of the activities they are most excited about into your summer.
- Step outside, even if it’s just into your own garden. You could even task the little ones with finding certain objects, from stones to a snail shell, for example.
- Plan for a small treat - it doesn’t have to be expensive. Our delicious ice creams start from £1.99 and can be taken away with you. We’ll even give you a free scoop with every kids’ meal.
- Challenge the boredom and task the kids to come up with something to do, from building a den to making a card for a family birthday. Once they put their minds to it, the boredom will soon disappear!
- Let your budding chefs help with the cooking. Even adding their own pizza toppings will keep them entertained and mean one less job for you.
- Rope in the rest of the family to provide some ideas and help with fun activities.
- Eat out! Our kids’ menu is packed full of tasty meals, from only £2.99, including a scoop of ice cream.
- Put up a tent or make a camp for the kids to play in. Let their imaginations run wild.
- Plant some summer flowers. The whole family can get involved while ensuring your garden is summer ready.
- Find free local activities. When budgets are tight, free days out with a packed lunch are so much fun. Head to your local library or museum for a day out that won’t break the bank
Check out our family dining options: https://www.farmhouseinns.co.uk/family-dining/