PRIVACY NOTICE – PROMOTIONS
As the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, Greene King welcomes customers into our 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels across the UK and brews a range of award-winning beers. When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we are referring to Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, (ICO registration number ZA054235), which is the data controller in respect of this website and the services described in this privacy notice.
Our products and services trade under a wide range of well-known brands, including Greene King, Hungry Horse, Farmhouse Inns, Chef & Brewer, Flaming Grill, Old English Inns, Greene King IPA and Old Speckled Hen. More information about all of our brands can be found on the Greene King website.
This privacy notice explains what we use your personal data for and how long we keep it. It also explains what rights you have and how you can exercise them.
Why do we need to process your personal data?
We want our promotions to be administered fairly so that all entrants can enjoy them. To do this well, we need to process some of your personal data.
We will process your personal data to administer the promotion, to confirm that you have complied with the terms of the promotion, to confirm whether you have won a prize, to communicate with you in relation to any prize you may win, to deal with any queries you have in relation to the promotion and to provide the name and county of any winners in compliance with the Advertising Standards Authority CAP Code.
What information do we process?
When you enter a promotion we need your name, address including postcode, date of birth, telephone number and email address. We will also collect any personal information you include in your message.
How long do we keep personal information for?
• Information relating to entering a promotion is kept for 4 months following the closing date of a promotion.
• Information relating to enquiring about a promotion is kept for 3 months following our reply to you.
If you exercise your data protection rights, we will keep a record of your request and our response indefinitely, to be able to show that we responded properly and fairly to your request.
Will we sell your personal data to anyone else?
No. That’s not something we do.
Who do we share personal data with and why?
We may pass your personal data to other companies who are members of the Greene King group for the purposes described in this privacy notice.
We work with the following third party suppliers and service providers who process your personal data in order to provide services to us or on our behalf:
• Celerity Information Services may hold your name, address including postcode, date of birth, telephone number, email address and gender to administer the promotion and respond to customer queries and complaints
• Service Now may hold your name, contact information, booking information, complaint information to enable them to manage guest queries and complaints.
All of these organisations are required to comply with our data processing standards and are bound by the terms of this privacy notice. They are not permitted to use your personal data for their own purposes.
We will share your personal data as required by law or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority.
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy group companies or other businesses. If we do so, this might involve transferring customer information relating to the relevant company or business to the person buying the business. The buyer will only be permitted to use your personal data as outlined in this privacy notice.
We may ask whether you want to receive marking from us – it’s your choice, but if you sign up for marketing please read our general privacy notice here
If you are a winner or runner-up we will use your data for publicity purposes as explained in the competition terms and conditions.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
Greene King is the data controller for the processing described in this privacy notice. We can be contacted by post at: Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT.
Greene King has appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted by post at the address above, or by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We process personal data in compliance with applicable data protection law. The lawful bases we rely on for our primary processing purposes are as follows:
Processing purpose - Administering a promotion
Lawful basis for processing - We process personal data because it is necessary to do so for the performance of the relevant contract.
Processing purpose - Responding to an enquiry about a promotion
Lawful basis for processing - We believe it is in our commercial interests to respond to our customers making this processing a legitimate interest.
You have the following rights under data protection law:
1. to ask us to tell you what personal data we are processing that relate to you (right of access)
2. to require us to rectify or stop processing inaccurate personal data (right to rectification)
3. to require us to delete personal data relating to you, subject to there being valid grounds (right to erasure)
4. to require us to restrict our processing activities, subject to there being valid grounds (right to restriction)
5. to object to processing, in particular to profiling (right to object) and direct marketing (by withdrawing your consent)
6. to ask that personal data about you be sent to another controller of your choosing, subject to there being valid grounds (right to data portability)
You can notify us of your wish to exercise any of these rights by contacting the Data Protection Officer, using the contact information provided above.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the data protection regulator for the United Kingdom) or in some circumstances, another European Union data protection authority.
Changes to this privacy notice